Public Consultation: Draft National Statement on the Transition to an Open Research Environment
The current version of the draft National Principles, with amendments from the recent public consultation and after being tabled at the Innovation2020 Committee meeting 12/12/18, is available at the link below.
Timeline for Consultation and Adoption of the Principles
- The draft national principles are put up on the NORF website while further consultation continues
- An information/briefing session with researchers/academics is held by NORF/funders/IReL in Jan 2019 (To discuss what PlanS is and isn’t)
- A submission to PlanS from Ireland is developed based on the information briefing session feedback
- An information session is held with key stakeholders on the outcome of the IRel Review and next steps.
- An information session is held with researchers to raise awareness about the alternative methods for publishing and bring them on board to OA.
- Approve the National Principles Statement at the Innovation 2020 HLG meeting.
- An Action Plan/roadmap is developed to transition to OA by 2020 (potentially using an overarching Taskforce & potentially dedicated person to bring the work of NORF/IReL/Bibliometrics Analysis stakeholders together and to drive this agenda in 2019)
The National Open Research Forum
The National Open Research Forum (NORF) has been established to deliver an Irish agenda for open research. This Forum is co-chaired by the Higher Education Authority (HEA) and the Health Research Board (HRB) with secretariat from the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI). It has encompassed and broadened the membership of a previous National Open Access committee combining the expertise of representatives from policy, research funding, research performing, library sector and other key stakeholders in the research system across Ireland. Individual Working groups are addressing key areas of open access publications, open research data, infrastructure, and human resources that are needed to deliver for Ireland.